What is Double Deep Pallet Racking?
Double Deep Pallet Racking designs locate two pallets deep per aisle face for increased storage capacity of up to 30%. It is best utilised when each SKU (product line) has several pallets.
50% of stored pallets are immediately accessible on a FILO (First In Last Out) basis.
A cost-saving alternative
Where a high number of homogenous pallet types is not needed, the double deep pallet racking is an excellent cost-saving choice.
Higher storage levels can either be fitted with pallet guide rails or wire mesh decking for increased operator assistance and safety.
Secure, clean and safe handling with the first pallet level generally located off the ground.
- Achieving increases in capacity of up to 30% more than Selective pallet racking.
- Lower cost alternative against Drive-In Racking, while increasing capacity by up to 30%.
- Redundancy rates can run between 10-20% dependent on the quality of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) program.
Most Suitable for:
Excellent method of increasing warehouse capacity when alternative systems such as the Drive-In Racking are not possible. Requires a special Double Deep capable forklift with either pantograph or sliding fork attachments (i.e. a reach truck or similar)
Double Deep: Pallet Handling Options
Perfect for handling Double-deep racking; this attachment allows any non-pantograph forklifts to be used to handle double deep pallet racking. Hydraulic pumps move the forks/tynes in or out; controlled by the forklift operator, allowing stock to be placed into the second row of a double deep racking system.
- Lowers capital investment compared to scissor & pantograph masts.
- Reduces required aisle width when compared to manual fork extensions
- Increases handling of pallets and reduces stock damage compared to manual fork extensions.
- Clear visibility, no extra obstructions because of all extra moving parts of the scissor reach system.
STOREPLAN (1300 551 281) can assist with any enquiries you have regarding double-deep pallet racking. We take the time to conduct a detailed look into your business to ensure we offer the best system for the job. Why not Get a Free Quote?